Sunday, August 23, 2009

MINDFULNESS

When it first opened I somehow found my way to the famous Miraval Spa outside
Tucson, Arizona. What I remember most about my wonderful week there, was the theme of 'mindfulness' that was talked about, lectured about, and discussed throughout my stay. Still I came back to New York and on to Florida, and while perhaps somewhat more sensitive to the world around me, I continued to miss the meaning of so many things that I saw and heard. Only with my patients was I truly listening, hearing and searching for meaning on many levels. As to myself, I was often not paying close attention and therefore not being as 'mindful'. This week it took a real 'jolt' to remind me of what it means to be 'mindful'.

Without going in to my reasons I was about to break a rule upon which I expounded when I first started writing this blog...seeing someone whom I had repeatedly found was not healthy for me in terms of a relationship. He had wanted me to see his new apartment and to have dinner with him this past Friday.

The omens began on Thursday. Somehow in thinking about my mother I heard a voice say "watch out!". Now that you're convinced I am totally whacko, let me explain about this level of 'mindfulness'. I believe everyone can become psychic if they take 'mindfulness' to its extreme. If one really looks to the heavens and concentrates on someone who has gone, or on something about which they wish for a resolution, my experience is that messages do indeed come. And if one pays full attention to these messages, they will be guided. The irony is that the answers I have always received are usually answers that are 'right in front of my nose' had I actually been looking. If they were missed it is because I wasn't being 'mindful' or 'paying attention' to that which I was seeing and hearing.

To continue regarding the omens (or messages) I was receiving, yet unwilling to truly 'see', I bumped into a woman Friday morning who does work as a psychic (in fact she has worked here with the police department in solving some murder cases). Once before she had done a tarot card reading for me and I was amazed as to how 'right on' she had been. So feeling the way I was regarding this situation, I asked her to read the cards for me, and sure enough the advice was the same I had chosen months ago---divorce yourself!

Later on that day for some odd reason I could not type on this computer. All the letters were coming out as a mixture of numbers and letters. I was truly 'freaked out'.

Finally, all my building staff whom I informed as to what I was about to do, pleaded with me not to do this, and one store owner /friend with whom I spend a lot of time (and money) said he would 'divorce' me if I saw this person! Still I called for my car at 5:30pm and was going to see him. I was one block south of the park on which my building stands, and about the 4th car in line for a red light. I had just stopped when all of a sudden BANG!!! I was thrust forward as something had crashed into the back of my car! I put my car in 'park' and got out. There lying on the ground was a young man of about 25 bleeding on top of his motor cycle. When he saw me he kept repeating how sorry he was and that it was his fault not mine.

The police were on the scene immediately as they had seen the whole thing. They moved us and our vehicles both into a lot and asked me if I was all right. My head was indeed spinning, but I felt it was due not only to the impact, but the stress of the whole ordeal. I was truly shaken, moreso than I had ever been in any kind of accident. The poor fellow however, had blood coming out of his nostrils, gashes on his face, and the bridge of his nose was totally blue. My car did not look like some I've seen where the back end is totally smashed, but I'm sure the damage will be a couple thousand dollars to fix at least (of course I'm insured). The fellow was not wearing a helmet; was not driving his own cycle, and of course had no insurance!

Late that night a computer expert/security guard informed me about the 'number lock' key which when inadvertently hit will totally screw up your computer's key board!

The moral for me and for everyone reading this is of course is to TRUST/LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCTS, VOICES, whatever. Be MINDFUL at all times. Don't be stubborn...and realize that there are many souls trying to protect you if you just have faith and concentrate. Otherwise they might have to literally 'hit you over the head' to convince you. I simply told my 'ex' that it just wasn't 'in the cards' for us!

Hope you enjoyed this session...and til next week WATCH OUT!

Dr. Mimi Scott
917 846-2449