Monday, February 1, 2016

HOW ARE YOU ALL?

      It's been way too long once again!!  Been thinking about some of you whom I haven't seen in many a month and in some cases, many a year.  And this line of thinking, especially regarding long distance readers such as those in Florida, tells me how important it is to let people who once played a significant role in one's life, know how much they are still in one's heart and thoughts.  My message here is not to let old friends, and family members, slip away before you've had a chance to let them know how much they still mean to you.  
      How to handle this kind of revelation is to take the time immediately and let them know you miss them and still care very much for them. This is a blog that suggests to my readers that they let friends and family know asap how much they are missed and cared about before they are gone!  
       I recently celebrated my 75th birthday and what a joyous occasion it was! My kids surprised me, and instead of taking our whole family out to dinner which was what I understood to be 'the plan', they all appeared at my son's fabulous New York apartment along with at least 50 or 60 of my most special friends here in New York.  The original agenda was to come back from dinner out to my apartment for cake and ice cream---thus no long distance friends and family were invited as I thought it was too far for 'out of towners' to come just for cake.  Needless to say I was in total shock when I was brought to Jeffrey and Lisa's apartment  to find everyone there along with a terrific spread capped off with a phenomenal chocolate cake which Karen provided from a specialty shop in Ridgefield Ct where she and her family have lived since the kids were born---Chelsea is now 26 and the twins Koti and Jazz are 24. Jeffrey's kids, Dylan (23) and Jordan (21) were all of course on hand as well.  So the apartment was filled with warm, wonderful friends and family.  
        To top off the evening, a film was shown which Karen and Jazz created from the family albums of our history which I had religiously documented and stored at our lakehouse.  The film, which introduced my New York friends to my husband Barry who had passed away before I had even moved to, and started my life, in New York City.  I cried from the first seconds of the film, which was set to music throughout, and people told me there wasn't a dry eye in the room watching from start to finish.
       All in all the most special night of my life.  Which brings me to another thing I would like to impart-------keep a record (pictorially) of your life and that of your family...It will be thrilling to review from time to time throughout your life.
        Now's the time to let all those meaningful in your life know how much you love them.
        Hope you enjoyed this session and I look forward to doing a whole lot more this year.

-Respectfully submitted
  Mimi Scott, Ph.D
  212 721-2979
 mscott13@aol.com



1 comment:

joao do Cu said...

***GLOBAL INFORMATION ALERT***

PORTUGAL IS THE BIGGEST, RACIST, ANTI-SPANISH COUNTRY ON THE PLANET!

I HEREBY ALERT ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH TO NOT BUY FROM PUTUGAL, DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD, EARNED MONEY GOING THERE AND BOYCOTT ALL PORTUGEE STORES IN YOUR AREA!

PORTUGEE ARE XENOPHOBIC RACISTS HAVE TO LEARN AND THE BEST WAY IS TO BLOCK THEM ECONOMICALLY!

BE CAREFUL FRIENDS:
http://portugalisaracistcountry.blogspot.ca/