Saturday, December 22, 2012

                How could I not do a blog at this moment in time??  It has indeed been a very loong time, and there have been significant reasons for that, but as a mental health professional I feel an obligation to share my thoughts on the Newtown massacre.

                My theory is not that complex and I am shocked that none of the forensic psychiatrists and psychologists who have been interviewed have not expressed what I am going to.  My thoughts are these:  I believe that Adam Lanza, a loner all his life, was filled with self loathing.  The Autism alone, layered with Aspergers was not something about which this brilliant young man was unaware.  He, it has been said, did not interact or intermingle all through his school days at Sandy Hook....he was considered 'weird' and as I said above 'a loner'. This type of person is often filled with self loathing.



No comments: